Divorce mediation focuses on assisting a divorcing couple to decide on the terms of the divorce in a rational, productive, and effective manner.
A common tendency during the termination of a marriage is to allow negative emotions to dictate behavior and cloud judgment. Learning to manage those emotions is a central element of a successful mediation.
Utilizing a specialist for this service is essential for a positive outcome. Divorce mediation is about efficiently getting you where you want and need to be.
Moving the divorce from the court room to the counseling room is beneficial for a number of reasons.
1. Goal Oriented – Facilitate a positive and utilitarian discussion without getting side-tracked and bogged down with the overwhelming emotional content of the divorce.
2. Emotional Management – Assistance in managing those negative feelings with specialized techniques to promote emotional healing.
3. Communication – Changing the dynamics of the divorce process from adversarial to cooperative creates communication focused on outcomes.
4. Financial – Limiting time in court and thus auxiliary costs of lawyers. It is the most economical approach to facilitate a beneficial outcome for everyone involved.
5. Future – Creating a basis for all future interactions to be efficient and outcome oriented. Learning to maintain a positive relationship after divorce.
Engaging a licensed counselor for this work is absolutely necessary to most efficiently achieve a positive outcome for divorce mediation.